Virtual Training Requirements
SD Worx, formerly Intelligo, offers a number of different virtual training courses and set out below are the technical requirements for training delegate attendance.
Training Cloud Access
- Each training delegate must-have remote desktop – (MSTSC -Microsoft Terminal Services Connection) enabled on their PC/laptop in order to allow access to our virtual training cloud.
- The RDP should be made directly to our training cloud from the local machine and not when connecting through a VPN from another machine.
- Ensure that there is an established external WIFI or Lan connection on the PC from which the connection is being made.
3.1. Ensure that RDP access allows connection outside the company network i.e. that no firewall or antivirus is blocking the connection.
- Prior to the Training course, our Support Team will provide an IP address to each training delegate (Sample below) to connect to an individual training VM (Virtual Machine) on our Training Cloud server.
4.1. IP: ec2-34-244-87-73.eu-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com
- There is no requirement to whitelist any IP address for connection to our Training cloud server and training VM IP addresses are deleted once the training course is completed.
- Once the training VM IP address has been issued a test connection must be made with the below credentials:
6.1. User: .\administrator
6.2. Password: VIU.lH3pmZGtnZ(=-Y8nYy.i(@;&w%4b
7. Ideally the training delegate will need two screens for the training, but if two monitors are connected to the PC please ensure that the RDP display is set to only use one monitor on connection to our training cloud.
8. Ideally save the RDP connection with user credentials as a shortcut to the training delegates desktop for the day of training to mitigate the need for training delegates to manage login credentials.
9. Once the training has been completed the VM IP address will be permanently terminated and the RDP shortcut can be deleted
Microsoft Teams Meet
- Each Training delegate will ideally require two screens, one for the presentation of the course and the other for simultaneous interaction with the application on the cloud server, thus for the presentation of the training course we use ‘Microsoft Teams Meet’.
- Ensure that the training delegate has Teams installed on the machine intended for use for training or has an up to date web browser that will facilitate a web connection to Teams.
- A link for the Teams Meet will be provided directly to the training delegate in advance of the training. A camera and microphone should be enabled on the screen from which the Teams Meet will be conducted.
- The Teams Meet should be established through a local connection and not through a VPN connection to the normal workspace, as the Meet will seek to use local resources such as camera and microphone.